To make it easier for a child to learn how to ride a skateboard, you need to choose the right skateboard for him.
Does Your Child Need a Skateboard?
The skateboard is a pretty dangerous means of transportation. However, if you decide to teach your child how to use a skateboard, then make the right purchase. For a child from 4 years old and above, you can find skateboards appropriate for their weight and size.
Buying a Skateboard as a Gift
Do you want to give your child a gift or does he ask you for a skateboard? Now let’s figure out what size deck suits him or her.
The earlier you put the child on the skateboard, the faster and easier tricks will be given to him.
All the numbers that you will see below are the width of the board, usually this parameter is written in inches, for convenience in brackets this data will be signed in centimeters.
- Meketec Special Technology – The strong 3.25 inch trucks with various color with others skateboarder ， let you skateboarding slide more unique.
- Efficiency – High speed abec 7 meketec Bearings; 60mm Urethane wheels; 22.5 inch long x 6 inch broad deck, max load weight 200 pound.
- High Value – Meketec Unusual skateboard appearance outperforms much of the leading brand names and high cost efficiency rate.
- Advantage – Take this board on the park, school and roadway with ease, It’s the very best vacation present for Kids and Adults.
- Easy to Use – With CE certification, this sturdy skateboard is safe to ride and appropriate for any level of riders, no matter whether you’re a newbie or skilled rider.
How to Choose a Skateboard for a Child From 3 to 12?
First, look at these 4-year-olds for a couple of minutes.
As you may have noticed, they do not ride small skateboards, but full-size boards. I believe that a child of 3-4 years old can be safely placed on a 7.5-inch (19cm) full-size board and will feel normal. But if you are not sure, then of course there are decks for this age (and less).
Micro decks for children 5 years of age or younger
- Width from 6 inches (15.2cm)
- For those with a foot size of 18.5 or less, that is, for the smallest. Usually such skateboards have a weight limit – no more than 20 kg.
Mini decks for children 6-8 years old
- Width from 7 inches (17.8cm)
- Suitable for children whose feet are 22.5 cm or less.
- Medium decks from 9 to 12 years old.
- Width from 7.125 (17.8 cm) to 7.3 inches (18.5 cm)
- Width from 7.5 (19cm) and above
- For all skaters aged 13 and up.
- PHOEROS Complete Skateboards use 7 Lays 31′ L x 8′ W x 4′ H Canadian Maple Provide More Stability and Safety for Users. Skateboards Max Load 221lbs Fit for Adults and Kids Beginners and Professional Skaters. Basic Skateboards with Double Warped Design Make Skateboards Support More Advanced Skate Tricks Such as Sharp Turns, Pivots, Slides and Street Skating. No-Slip and WaterProof Emery Sand Paper above the Skateboards Deck Make Riders More Safety
- PHOEROS Skateboards utilize 95A 53mm High Rebound Pu Wheels with Strong Grip, Easy Fit on All Kinds of Roads. Our Skateboards Wheels with High Speed Silence ABEC-12 Bearing Provide Smoothly and Speed Glide– More Safe when you Skating.
- PHOEROS Skateboards utilize Thicken Aluminum Alloy Truck, Strengthen the Balance and Stability of the Skateboards. Skateboards Trucks Contains High Rebound Pu Damping System which Can Take more Safety and Comfortable Experience to Riders.
- PHOEROS Skateboards Fit for Both Kids and Adults, It’s a Good Choose as a Gift to your Kids Who is Above 5 years Old. Release Their Childhood. Head out and have a fun Exercise with our Cool Skateboards.
- PHOEROS Skateboards Come with Completed Assembled. We Provide Excellent After-Sale Service. Any Questions Just Feel Free to Contact with Us, We Must Give you a Pleasure Answer
If your width is not there, then you can easily take a size larger. For example, if your child needs a medium-sized board, that’s 7.125 inches (17.8 cm). But this size was not in the store, in this case you can take a board one size higher – this is 7.5 (19 cm). Anyway, if your child does not quit skating, then next year this size will be just right for him.
After you buy a skateboard, watch the first steps tutorial videos or how to learn how to skateboard with it.